The Best Cheap Keyboards Under $30
If you need a work form home setup on a budget, cheap keyboards are an easy place to start. There are many things that you need to complete your WFH setup including higher-ticket items like a monitor, a desk, and a chair. We reviewed dozens of keyboards for under $30 and brought you our favorites. We want you to be more productive while working from home on a budget.
The Arteck keyboard is cable-free, and it works with a nano USB receiver. The keyboard features a sleek design, and the low-profile keys satisfy your need for a quiet working environment. The keyboard has size 11″ x 5″, and it is lightweight, which allows you to tuck it into a backpack easily. It uses a rechargeable battery, which is convenient and creates less waste. Notice that the keyboard works well for Computer, PC, Desktop, Laptop, Surface, but not for Macs. Overall, the sleek and modern keyboard has high quality, and it is easy to carry.
Here’s what you need to know about the OMOTON Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for your WFH setup:
- Cable-Free. Bluetooth Connection with your Mobile Devices such as Tablets and mobile phones, Bring you more convenience when you need to type, Operating Distance up to 10 meters.
- Super Compatibility. Compatible with iPads, iPhones and Bluetooth-enabled Tablets, Laptops, and Mobile Phones, such as iPad 10.2 2019, iPad air 10.5 2019, iPad mini 5 2019, new iPad Pro 12.9/11, iPhone Xs Max etc.
- Reasonable Layout. QWERTY Layout with Hot keys Customized for iPads, Including Volume, Music Control, Brightness etc.
- Long Battery Life. 30-days continuous use and automatic sleep mode allow up to half a year between battery changes. (2 X AAA Battery, Not Included)
- Perfect Size. Just Big Enough for your fingers to enjoy a wonderful typing, and small enough to put it into your suitcase/handbag. And OMOTON provides you friendly customer service.
The AmazonBasics Wired Keyboard gets easy-to-read keys, which increase usability and visibility. It features 10 one-touch shortcuts, such as Calculator, Media, and My Computer, to increase productivity and save you time. While the keyboard is wired, you only need to plug into your computer and start using it, without having to turn on the bluetooth or worry about recharging the batteries. The tradeoff will be the portability. For people who like to sit far from the computer and people who carry the keyboard into their backpack, it might not be convenient to move the keyboard around. Plus, with its affordable price, this is a good option for people trying to save money.
The Dell Wired Keyboard provides a convenient keyboard solution for everyday work at home computing uses. The keyboard’s full layout with chiclet style keys allows for efficient, comfortable typing – excellent for everyday usage on virtually any task at hand.
With a compact design that still features a full-sized keyboard and number pad, the Dell Wired Keyboard is ideal for home and office environments. With a durable build and quiet keys, it’s designed to provide comfort for the everyday demands of desktop usage. The Dell Wired Keyboard also has a palm rest that is available for separate purchase.
The Think tradition of high-quality products continues with this general purpose USB keyboard. Durable and reliable, the Lenovo Preferred Pro II USB Keyboard is a perfect companion to any computer. The sleek modern design is complemented with finger-friendly keys that can last up to 10 million clicks under normal operation.
What you need to know about the VicTsing Keyboard for your WFH setup:
- Comfortable low-profile keys and standard US layout computer keyboard with full-size design allow for quiet, comfortable and efficient typing – excellent for your daily use.
- Slim keyboard with 0.94 inches thin, lightweight and portable. Tilt stands allow you to angle the desktop keyboard at a comfortable degree–keep your hands in a more comfortable typing position, helping reduce hand fatigue after a long time use.
- Plug and play – No software needed. Just plug in the USB cord and your USB wired keyboard are ready to use. Works with desktops, notebooks and PCs of Windows XP/7/8/10/ Vista, Mac OS (Multimedia functions are Not available for Mac OS)
- Hotkeys enable easy and quick access to media. Simplify how you use your computer and let you focus on the task at hand. (Note: For Mac OS, the shortcut functions are NOT available).
- Robust ABS keycaps with easy-to-read, bold bright white characters ensures up to 10,000,000 times of keystrokes without wearing off.
If you are tired of using a black & white keyboard, you may want to try seenda Wired Keyboard Backlit. The backlit keyboard looks stylish, and the backlight brightness level can be customized. Backlit keyboards are great for people who usually work at night. Though the keyboard is wide-compatible, some shortcuts are not available on Mac OS. With 12 multimedia keys, you can access the media and make adjustments easily. Another thoughtful design of the seenda wired keyboard is the foldable stands that help reduce hand fatigue.
The TeckNet Wireless Keyboard is a good alternative to laptop’s keyboard, and its slim design and lightweight allow you to carry it easily. It uses the scissor-switch mechanism for quieter operation, and it is snappy and responsive. The wireless keyboard features multimedia shortcuts, making it easy to access music, email, favorite folder, etc. While the keyboard uses AAA batteries, it lasts for 6 months with an auto-sleep mode for energy saving. It is also compatible with both Windows and Mac OS.
The Arteck Wireless 7-Colors Backlit Keyboard has a very cool and modern design. You can switch among 7 different colors by shortcuts. The keyboard is ultra-slim and portable, which is desirable for travel size. It is connected through Bluetooth, so it works well with iOS, Android, Mac OS, and Windows. With a rechargeable battery, it saves you money on batteries and helps protect the environment. It also features low-profile keys for quiet typing.
Here’s what you need to know about the CHERRY WhisperKey for your WFH setup:
- A Cherry-quality typing experience at a fraction of the cost: ultra-silent whisper keys for low-noise typing
- Full QWERTY Key Layout in full-size 17.5″
- Built with LPK Key switches. Gentle, quient, and durable wear resistant keys.
- 4 convenient hot keys for quick access: calculator, e-mail, browser, and sleep mode
- USB Plug and Play Set Up – Win 10/Win 8/Win 7/Linux/Vista/Windows Vista, can be used for Mac, Laptop, Notebook, PC. 2 Year warranty.
What To Consider When Buying A Cheap Keyboard
Some cheap keyboards feature shortcuts to provide additional controls for multi-taskers. Hotkeys map out the important functions and streamline the user experience. One-touch shortcuts also have huge time-saving benefits and boost productivity.
Cheap Keyboards: Wired Or Wireless
Choosing between a wired and a wireless keyboard isn’t always an easy job. A wired keyboard is a good option for people who don’t change the workplace frequently. Though it has limited mobility, it usually gets more functions for people to do more with less effort. While a wireless keyboard is slightly more expensive, it is usually lightweight and easy to carry. It is an ideal choice if your job requires a lot of travel. It’s also ideal if you prefer to sit far from your computer. Wireless keyboards also reduce clutter and provide more space for your workplace. However, as wireless keyboards require a power source, it can be annoying if the keyboard runs out of batteries.
Cheap Keyboards: Scissor-switch
Scissor-switch or low-profile keyboards are keyboards that have a scissor-style design with two pieces of plastic interlocking the key to the cheap keyboard. Though scissor-switch keyboards are typically more expensive, they are responsive and provide a quiet typing experience.
When choosing a cheap keyboard for your computer, it is important to know whether the keyboard is compatible with your computer. Some keyboards only work well for Windows, while others can be used with both Windows and Mac OS. Wireless keyboards that connect through Bluetooth usually have wider compatibility since it does not require a USB connection.
Traditional keyboards with black and white colors may work well for most people. Some keyboards provide more backlight choices that provide better visibility for users who work in a darker environment. This type of keyboard brings a more youthful feel to your working environment. Having a colorful backlit keyboard can also delight its users in some ways.
Fred splits his corporate time between the office and his WFH office. He believes that a few days of working remotely is a great way to boost productivity and employee happiness. Fred started WFH Adviser in order to share insights and products with people who are beginning their WFH journey.