Modern people can make a profit without leaving home. For example, by monetizing the channel on YouTube. A good income is realistic if you do what you like – playing computer games, making educational videos, conducting training sessions, etc. Record videos and put them on YouTube. Tempting prospect? The developers of prodvigate.com service offer a look at five practical ways to make money on your YouTube channel.
Method 1: Google Adsense
AdSense is a popular affiliate program from Google. Thanks to it, advertisers find clients, and bloggers get money for views.
Not every channel owner can start making money with AdSense: two conditions must be met for partnership:
- the presence of a minimum of a thousand or more subscribers;
- the number of views in the last year exceeds 4,000 hours.
Such requirements were introduced to combat abusers who stole other people’s videos, scammed the views, and quickly withdrew money.
The advantages of earnings on AdSense:
- Simplicity – it’s pretty easy to join the program.
- Passive income – you do not need to specially advertise anything in the video.
- High clickability – viewers’ attention is focused on the area where the blocks of ads are located, so the CTR is high.
- Relevancy – ads included in the videos are chosen based on the analysis of user interests, which increases the number of clicks.
- The relatively small income per view.
- Not very convenient withdrawal of money: sometimes you have to wait up to 14 days.
- You cannot ask for an advance payment, as, for example, in the case of direct advertising.
- It is necessary to strictly follow the rules of YouTube since, for any careless word or appeal, monetization can be disabled.
Monetization on YouTube requires moderation. Then all videos will start showing contextual and media advertising. Youtuber’s income often directly depends on the number of views, channel topics, the frequency of its content, and the presence of feedback from viewers. A YouTube promotion service in these cases plays a vital role to increase visibility. Of course, earnings vary, but there are approximate statistics on income for different topics. Figures range in the area of 0.5 – 2 dollars per 1000 impressions.
Method 2. Direct advertising
Another option, how to make money on YouTube is direct cooperation with advertisers. It can make you rich. High earnings – the main advantage of direct advertising because its value is not comparable to the income from affiliate programs.
Of course, to reach this level, you must have:
- not less than a million subscribers;
- untwisted brand;
- exciting and popular topics.
What should beginners do? How to earn on YouTube from scratch, while there is no large audience? Some write emails themselves to famous brands, offering their channel as an advertising platform.
There is a much better option – to use the services of special exchangers: EPICSTARS, WebArtex, or GetBlogger. The point is that you connect the channel to advertising services, giving enhanced statistics on the project. YouTubers go out of their way to hypothetical customers because it’s easier for advertisers to find a suitable site due to the filter by topic, number of subscribers, view price, and other essential parameters.
Or you can use services to promote YouTube channels. YouTube channel promotion services and programs help beginners and experienced bloggers in their work. It will be useful for you to get acquainted with these services because they bring your channels to the trends and top of YouTube. And that means you will be able to earn more.
Method 3. The partner program
An affiliate program is an excellent opportunity to earn without investment, available to the owners of thematic channels with high attendance. So you can advertise other people’s products and services that are relevant to your channel profile.
You can also add affiliate links and talk about your store and brand in your videos.
The advantage of affiliate programs is that many YouTubers get money for advertising and the opportunity to use goods and services they like for free. However, their disadvantages include the difficulty in finding advertisers and the need to have an untwisted channel with good coverage.
Method 4: Subscriptions and Donations
A sponsorship subscription is regular financial support for the channel. It is relevant for loyal fans, which still need to be earned. Fans remit some sort of monthly contribution to support the channel’s author. Bonuses become available to them as a thank you:
- additional content and online streaming;
- access to new videos is given earlier than other subscribers;
- invitations to closed groups in social networks;
- YouTuber voices a list of sponsors;
- individual emoji and chat privileges.
The owner must be at least 18 years old to include sponsored subscriptions. There is also a filter on the number of subscribers – more than 30,000 people.
There is another way to make extra money – donations. It consists of the collection of donations for the streamer, taking place during live broadcasts. In this case, you need a unique tool – “Superchat.”
Method 5: Own blog + channel
It is a combined way of earning; for example, you have a website or a blog and a channel on YouTube. In one site, you link to another, thereby increasing the coverage and number of subscribers.
The advantage of this way of earning is that it is realistic to attract to your channel even those people who have hardly watched anything on YouTube before. How? Interest them with content on your site or blog.
The disadvantage of this method is that you need to fill and maintain two projects at once – not everyone can do it.
Bonus: Custom Merchandising
Custom merchandise is a solid method of YouTube monetization. Your audience that wishes to support you can do so by purchasing custom-made t-shirts or other merchandising (mugs, hats, etc) with your channel’s branding on them.
There are plenty of online tools like this t shirt mockup generator that can help you create custom merchandise, so there is no need to be a professional graphic designer. You can create and add designs quite easily and get the merchandise up. Mockups also come with the preview mode to showcase how a finished product looks in real life.
Of course, you can also consider hiring a professional designer if you are still unhappy with how your own designs turn out to be, but when you start, a mockup generator ought to be enough.
As a YouTuber, you can wear the t shirt yourself and show it to your audience at the end of a video and explain how viewers can also get this merchandise and support your channel. YouTube channels such as the very famous VlogBrothers do this very well, and have sold tons of merchandise as a result.
5 factors that affect the earnings
Some people earn on YouTube amounts that are much higher than the national average income, while others can never get to monetization. What does this have to do with? There are fundamental factors that affect the amount of earnings:
- Successful niche. Choose a “money” theme that will help attract subscribers and keep their interest and pay well for advertisers. “Expensive” topics today are considered business and finance, medicine, construction, reviews, games.
- Quality of video. It is necessary to work a lot and create professional videos – only in this way you can count on long-term income. So it is better to take care of equipment and quality software in advance. For example, to create screencasts with the passage of computer games, you should use a good on-screen camera. This program is great for both professionals and “dummies.”
- Competent selection of keys. The video will need to be described so that users can find it on the Internet. SEO knowledge will help here — it is crucial to choose the “right” keys for titles and descriptions of videos.
- The number of views. The more people watch your videos, the more money you get. It should be understood that the number of viewers is also affected by the regularity of channel updates. Therefore, the best answer to the question “How to make money on YouTube views?” will be a drawing up of some kind of schedule. For example, to post videos once a week – then subscribers will be waiting for them.
- Monetization methods. You can connect contextual advertising from YouTube, promote your products and services, or collaborate with different brands. Some authors manage to combine several monetization options.